In line with our commitment in the field of social innovation, it is with great honor that we are joining Global Compact Network of the United Nations.
The Global Compact is the largest corporate sustainability initiative in the world, with nearly 13,000 signatory companies from over 160 countries. It was created in 2000 in order to promote a global economy that respects human and labor rights, protects the environment and fights against corruption.
Through its 60 local networks, the Global Compact Network aims to support companies around the world in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals set out in the 2030 Agenda and in integrating the following Ten Principles of the Global Compact into their strategy:
- Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- Principle 2: make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labour; and
- Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
Over the years we have coordinated various programs and initiatives with a social and sustainable impact including Fermenti, the program supporting youth entrepreneurship of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers, and China Our Hearts Beat for You, the manifesto to fight discrimination against Chinese people during the first phase of the COVID-19 pandemic. As part of the China-Italy Best Startup Showcase, we also accompanied several Italian companies specializing in sustainable innovation in China.
By joining the Global Compact Network, we are proud to join thousands of other companies around the world that are committed to making responsible business decisions.