Heritage SmartLab: what is it?
Heritage SmartLab is therefore one of 136 European Digital Innovation Hubs selected and financed by the European Commission, in the 27 countries of the Union, with the aim of supporting the digital transition of SMEs and PA, with particular reference to the technological domains of Artificial Intelligence, High Performance Computing and Cybersecurity.
Heritage SmartLab will be based in Naples, Matera and Bari, and is the only EDIH in Italy fully vertically focused on the digital transformation of the cultural heritage sector and the Cultural and Creative Industries, a central sector in the Intelligent Specialisation Strategies of Campania, Basilicata and Apulia.
The EDIH, which in Campania will be set up in East Naples, will serve Italian and European startups, SMEs and PA, offering free prototyping services, access to finance, advanced training, Open Innovation, Acceleration and Academy initiatives, technology brokerage initiatives, matchmaking between demand and supply of innovation, networking activities and much more.
The Hub is the result of the convergence of intentions and commitments of important realities of our territory, including: Basilicata Creativa, lead partner, MedITech, Sviluppo Basilicata, the DIH Basilicata, the Lucanian Clusters on Aerospace, Energy, Automotive, and of course SPICI.
Heritage SmartLab: the structure and offer for the community
Users will have 4 doors of ACCESS to the EDIH, through:
- The enhancement of the offer of digital technologies and services for the cultural and creative industries sector, for the development of companies/SMEs and startups that will be able to participate in the Digital Innovation and Acceleration Program;
- The work on the demand for new digital technologies and solutions, in order to intercept customers who need them, through the launch of the Open Innovation programme;
- The training courses for talents who will participate in the HSL Talents’ Academy training activities;
- Activities dedicated to the national and international creative community, to engage citizens, curious and new users, as well as the entire innovation ecosystem, through Annual Events.
The community that interacts with the EDIH will become part of a large team of experts, innovators and visionaries at their service, who will guide them through a Digital Innovation Journey, including Test Before Invest services or support in the search for tenders and funding.
Heritage SmartLab and SPICI
Spici, as part of the HSL project, will specifically manage the Open Innovation and Digital Acceleration programs, matchmaking activities and the organisation of the HSL Talents’ Academy.
A wide range of services will be provided, to increase the impact of digital transformation in the cultural and creative industries, by:
- stimulating the modernisation and innovation of the sector, through support in the search, selection and adoption of new solutions and by improving the skills of beneficiaries;
- facilitating and stimulating the matching of supply and demand for digital innovation at global level and promoting the management of programs carried out in Open Innovation;
- increasing the awareness of the territory on the importance of Digital Transformation, creating a network favourable and interested in digital innovation.