On December 17, over 180 experts took part in the workshop to promote scientific, technological and cultural cooperation between Iran and Italy.
The activities of the program, promoted by the Iranian Ministry of Science, Research and Technology and coordinated on the Italian side by SPICI, were organized as part of the Iranian Week of Research and Technology, the largest Iranian event on scientific cooperation.
The workshop gave rise to a dialogue between academics, entrepreneurs, researchers and institutional representatives of the two countries who discussed promising opportunities for internationalization and technology transfer.
The contributions of the speakers were invaluable, including:
- Dr. Abdolsadeh Neisy, Director of the Office Supporting Research and Technology of the Iranian Ministry of Science, Research and Technology, who opened the ceremony by presenting the Iran Week of Research and Technology;
- Prof. Hossein Salar Amoli, Iran’s Acting Minister for International Scientific Cooperation, who mentioned the policies implemented in Iran for the promotion of research and technology;
- H.E. Giuseppe Perrone, Ambassador of Italy to the Islamic Republic of Iran, and H.E. Hamid Bayat, Ambassador of Iran to Italy, who emphasized the progress made in recent years in scientific-cultural cooperation between the two countries;
- Dr. Vincenzo Lipardi, President of SPICI, who illustrated the best practices and the main innovation and internationalization policies at the Italian and European level, and concluded his speech by sharing some proposals to expand the collaboration between Iran and Italy;
- Prof. Giorgio Ventre, Director of the Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology at the University of Naples Federico II, who presented the activities carried out at the Technological Pole of San Giovanni a Teduccio in Naples and the numerous international academies including Apple, Deloitte, Cisco and Ferrovie dello Stato;
- Prof. Carlo Cereti, Professor of Iranian Studies at Sapienza University of Rome, who spoke about cultural cooperation;
The virtual exhibition of the Iranian Research and Technology Week and the contributions of Isfahan Science & Technology Town, Sharif University of Technology and Iran University of Science and Technology were also very interesting.